A specialist sexual assault referral centre (SARC) for patients who have been raped or sexually assaulted in the past 12 months. The centre is near to St Mary's Hospital and is open 24/7.
If your patient tells you that they have been raped or sexually assaulted and this has happened within the past seven days, call 020 3299 6900.
The centre provides:
- initial assessments
- forensic medical examinations
- follow-up care that includes counselling, tests and treatment
- interpreters, including those for British Sign Language
- Patient has been raped or sexually assaulted in past 12 months, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation or profession
- Patients who were raped more than 12 months ago.
How to Refer
t: 020 3299 6900 (24/7) – for rapes/assaults within the past seven days.
The centre will tell you whether to advise your patient to go immediately to the Havens for medical care and/or a forensic medical examination, or to visit the centre at a later date for aftercare.
If patient needs to be seen urgently, the centre will aim to see them within 90 minutes of making the appointment.
In most circumstances, the centre will speak directly to the person being referred before making the appointment.
See the centre's page on how to refer patients.
For urgent calls, t: 020 3299 6900 – 24/7
For non-urgent queries, t: 020 3299 1599, Mon–Fri (excluding public/bank holidays), 09:00–17:00