TAP and iCOPE can provide help for people with long-term conditions (LTCs) and medically unexplained symptoms (MUS), in addition to anxiety disorders and depression.
The Team around the Practice (TAP) offers a flexible approach to mental health interventions and is based in Camden’s GP practices and community settings, including the South Camden Centre for Health. TAP provides psychological therapy, social prescribing and group interventions.
Designed for people whose emotional difficulties are long-standing, recurrent and/or may not have benefitted from previous help.
Mental health professionals from the service are based in GP practices. They work with patients and also provide support and advice to GPs.
Over 18s registered with Camden GP
- Persistent or unexplained physical symptoms, including persistent physical pain
- Personality and relationship difficulties
- Depression and anxiety linked to maltreatment, loss, abuse or difficulties in childhood and family life
- Stress related to trauma, relationships, past or present abuse
- Emotional and complex aspects of long-term conditions
- Isolation, lack of social or occupational activity
- Social and emotional impact of disability
- Acute psychosis
- Severe drug and alcohol issues
- Active suicidal ideation
- Current psychiatric or psychological intervention in secondary care or other service
- Exclusively needing medication review
- Severe learning disability
- Severe forensic mental health condition
- Needs best met by iCope service
Referrals can be made via EMIS only. If you cannot refer via EMIS, please contact the service.
t: 020 8938 2703 (Mon–Fri 09:00–17:00)
e: tpn-tr.CamdenTap@nhs.net, TAPAdmin@Tavi-Port.nhs.uk