NHS Health Check aims to reduce avoidable premature mortality through early identification and management of risk factors and early detection of disease among people age 40–74. The LCS specification attached contains further details.
GP practices should continue targeting high-risk groups, including eligible patients on Mental Health and/or Learning Disability Registers, and those with an estimated high risk of CVD (QRisk2 score >20%).
Health Check Follow Up - Lifestyle Services
Following a health check at the GP practice, patients can be referred into various services that they are eligible for, including:
Refer to the GP Handbook for details of the referral pathways.
IT Tools to support NHS Health Checks
- Aged 40–74
- Camden resident or registered with Camden GP
- Not had a NHS Health Check within the last 5 years
- Not have a diagnosis or documentation of:
- Coronary heart disease
- Chronic kidney disease (CKD stages 3–5)
- Previous stroke
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Transient Ischaemic Attack (TIA)
- Heart Failure
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Familial Hypercholesterolemia
- Those currently prescribed statins should also be excluded from the programme as they are being already regularly monitored in primary care.
General Contact Details
t: 020 7527 3120