IRIS Domestic Abuse mandatory training events will be held on the following dates (click to book):
IRIS (Identification and Referral to Improve Safety) provides general, practice-based, domestic-violence training, support and a referral programme.
- Advice and support to those affected by domestic abuse (guidance on finance and welfare benefits, housing and homelessness, access to legal services, parenting, emotional support).
- A safety plan and initial risk assessment to improve safety.
- Signposting, referral and provision to community, counselling and therapeutic services.
- Referral to Camden Multi-Agency Risk Assessment Conference (MARAC) for patients at high level of risk.
- On-going consultancy to trained clinicians and staff on referrals, concerns and information.
Useful telephone numbers:
- National Domestic Violence 24 hr Helpline for women experiencing abuse – t: 0808 2000 247
- Men’s Advice Line for men experiencing abuse: Monday–Friday 9am–5pm – t: 0808 801 0327
- Galop (National LGBT Domestic Abuse Helpline) – t: 0800 999 5428
- RESPECT Phoneline: Confidential helpline offering advice, information and support to anyone concerned about their own or someone else’s violent or abusive behaviour. Monday–Friday 9am–5pm – t: 0808 802 4040
- 1:1 casework support for survivors of all genders aged 16+. Signposting for suitable services for younger patients.
- Those experiencing historic and/or current abuse from current/former intimate partner or family member (domestic abuse, including FGM, forced marriage and so-called honour-based violence).
How to Refer
Self ReferralEMIS Forms
GP referral – IRIS provides GPs with a direct referral route to two local advocate educators in Camden and offers information to signpost male/female perpetrators. Complete EMIS form or Word referral form (see Downloads) and email to email@example.com (strongly recommended).
Self-referral – available by contacting IRIS Advocate Educators directly via the contact details below.
Shafu Khanom, IRIS Advocate Educator
m: 07483 025192
Solace Women’s Aid
t: 0808 802 5565