Housing Support Services

Add to CPD Subscribe to page updates Start a discussion

Housing Options and Advice Service 

Provides advice and information on finding a home and avoiding homelessness. Offers specialist advice on housing options and rights, service charges, rent levels, repairs and other tenancy rights, and mortgage arrears. Provides advice on welfare benefits, income maximisation, dealing with debt, and access to employment and training.

Floating Support Service

Individual support for vulnerable adults and families (e.g. older people, offenders, victims of domestic violence, physical and learning disabilities, substance misuse issues) who need additional help to sustain their tenancy and achieve independence. Assistance includes getting rent arrears under control, help with welfare benefits, claims and appeals, debts and budgeting, accessing health services and mental health tenancy-related needs.

Eligibility criteria


Floating Support Service

  • Already live in independent accommodation in social housing, privately rented housing or as a homeowner, and are at risk of losing their home
  • Moving into independent accommodation via the adult or young person's pathway
  • Moving into settled privately rented accommodation via Housing Options, and have identified support need
  • Placed in temporary accommodation by Camden

How to Refer Self Referral

Floating Support Service

Self-referral by telephone or email (address below).

t: 020 7974 5366

GPreferral by completing the referral form (see Downloads) and sending by email.

e: FSSReferrals@camden.gov.uk

Contact Details

Housing Options and Advice Service

t: 020 7974 4444

Floating Support Service

t: 020 7974 5366
e: FSSReferrals@camden.gov.uk

External Links