Home-Start Camden & Islington matches families going through a difficult time with a trained volunteer with parenting experience. Volunteers do weekly home visits for 3–4 hours and provide non-judgemental, peer-to-peer support.
- Help keep appointments by accompanying parents on difficult journeys with children
- Listen to parents who are isolated, lonely or depressed
- Play with children
- Provide guidance on parenting issues
- Family is going through a difficult period in their lives
- About to have a baby or at least one child under age of 5 years
- Resident of Camden and Islington
- Domestic violence (if perpetrator is resident)
- Current alcohol or substance misuse
- Situations that may present health and safety issues for staff or volunteers
How to Refer
Self referral available.
Complete referral form (see Downloads).
Post to: Family & Youth Resource Centre, 7 Dowdney Close, London NW5 2BP
Family & Youth Resource Centre, 7 Dowdney Close, Kentish Town, London NW5 2BP
Jackie Blasi (Senior Co-ordinator) – e: email@example.com
t: 020 7424 1603