Provides a home visiting and community-based service to support children and families in promoting health and well-being. Universal prevention and intervention service that provides advice, support and guidance in caring for children aged 0–5 years and offering:
- Breastfeeding, weaning and healthy eating
- Monitoring child’s growth and development, speech and language
- Emotional health and wellbeing, including postnatal depression
- Behaviour difficulties, including sleeping, eating, potty training, temper tantrums and teething
- Safety in the home
- Minor illness management
- Domestic violence, addressing conflicts within the family and giving information and support
- Information and signposting to local support networks
All Camden GP practices have a named liaision health visitor who will attend practice meetings. Health visiting teams are split into 5 locality teams, based primarily at Gospel Oak, Belsize Priory and Hunter Street Health Centres.
How to Refer
Families can refer themselves to the service, but referrals are usually made by GPs by letter.
Ground Floor, Peckwater Centre, 6 Peckwater Street, London NW5 2UP
t: 020 3317 3032 (Mon–Fri 09:00–17:00)
Service Manager: Cathy Pajak – e: firstname.lastname@example.org