The NHS e-Referrals Service (e-RS) combines electronic booking with a choice of place, date and time for first hospital or clinic appointments.
Paper Switch Off is the requirement for all GP referrals to consultant-led first outpatient appointments to be made via e-Referrals.
Paper switch off (PSO) overview:
- GP referrals sent to Consultant Led clinics must be done via e-Referrals (e-RS), and no longer accepted by other routes (e.g. email, fax)
- does not include Diagnostics, Mental Health, Maternity, local exclusions
- routine referrals go via CCAS/e-Referrals for most specialties apart from MSK
- MSK Specialties go via Camden MSK/e-Referrals
- Urgent Referrals (non- 2wws) booked directly to the hospital via e-Referrals by the GP Practice
- 2wws booked directly to the hospital via e-Referrals by the GP Practice
See Downloads section for referral guidance and information.
e-Referrals, t: 020 3182 1774
Camden MSK, t: 020 3447 5452 x75452