Prepare for flu season using the information on this page.
Resources for GP practices and clinicians:
To access records for patient flu vaccinations sign up to Sonar (it only takes 2 minutes). You can also acknowledge your patients or mark as NOP direct from the system.
To arrange a winter wellbeing session for your elderly patients please email Roxanne Rustem and copy in Corinna Hyman.
There are three types of flu vaccine recommended for the 2018–19 flu season:
- adjuvanted trivalent flu vaccine (aTIV) – recommended for patients aged 65+
- quadrivalent vaccine (QIV) – recommended for at risk adults aged 18–65 and at risk children aged 6 months–2 years
- live attenuated influenza vaccine (LAIV) nasal spray – recommended for:
- children aged 2 and 3 years (via GP surgery)
- school aged children from reception–year 5 (via schools)
- Practices are encouraged to consider the need for flu and pneumococcal vaccination at the same time.
For children with egg allergy/anaphylaxis concern – email referral letter to David Elliman.
For children in school years 1–5 who missed school vaccination – advise them to contact Carol Howard, Immunisation Team Co-Ordinator, CNWL on 020 3317 5076.
IT & Systems:
The IT & Systems team are planning to update their flu searches, alert protocol and add vaccine protocol for this flu season. An update is expected in mid–late September. Please check the Overview of IT Tools page for updates.
If your query is not answered on this page, please email the Public Health Commissioning team.