During the twelve-month Living with and Beyond Cancer Fellowship, the Primary Care Fellows undertake a programme of clinical and academic training to gain experience across both generalist and specialist sectors in the clinical area of the fellowship. In 2019, the programme has scope to invite a wider audience to the Living With and Beyond Cancer Masterclasses, open to Macmillan GPs and GPs with an interest in cancer.
This session will focus on the following topics:
- Understand the different models of stratified follow-up to support individuals with breast, colorectal and prostate cancer.
- Appraise different models of stratified follow-up – acute led and primary care led. Consider the pros and cos of each from a patient, doctor and commissioning point of view.
- Understand the local levers/plans regarding implementation of SFU.
- Describe the concept of activated and non-activated patients in long term condition management.
- Discuss methods to encourage and promote self-management to people and how this varies based on whether they’re activated or not and nature of long term condition(s).
- Learn about tools utilised to support individuals to self-manage. E.g. Patient activated measure (PAM).
- Further focus on CCR – TCST 4 point model and integration into LTC follow-up.
For more information please email Sharon Cavanagh or Anthony Cunliffe.
To book a place please email Daisy Doncaster.