During the twelve-month Living with and Beyond Cancer Fellowship, the Primary Care Fellows undertake a programme of clinical and academic training to gain experience across both generalist and specialist sectors in the clinical area of the fellowship. In 2019, the programme has scope to invite a wider audience to the Living With and Beyond Cancer Masterclasses, open to Macmillan GPs and GPs with an interest in cancer.
This session will focus on the following topics:
- Increase understanding of, and latest advances in, cancer treatments.
- Learn about common treatments for cancer; chemotherapy, radiotherapy, surgery and methods utilised to involve patients within the treatment decision making process
- Receive update on the newer successful treatments/treatment regimes, including biological therapies
- Reflect on own experiences of supporting individuals who were/are receiving cancer treatments. What have been common concerns/issues patients have identified or sought assistance to address?
- Understand the process of consenting to treatment and the impact of the process on compliance and psychological preparedness for the procedure and recovery.
For more information please email Sharon Cavanagh or Anthony Cunliffe.
To book a place please email Daisy Doncaster.
Stewart House (Room 20a, 2nd Floor Events Centre), Stewart House, 32 Russell Square, London, WC1B 5DN