During the twelve-month Living with and Beyond Cancer Fellowship, the Primary Care Fellows undertake a programme of clinical and academic training to gain experience across both generalist and specialist sectors in the clinical area of the fellowship. In 2019, the programme has scope to invite a wider audience to the Living With and Beyond Cancer Masterclasses, open to Macmillan GPs and GPs with an interest in cancer.
This session will focus on the following topics:
- To learn about the Recovery Package interventions and understand why this has been prioritised at national and local level.
- Learn about the background, evidence base, and national levers to implement the Recovery Package.
- Understand the current position across London regarding Recovery Package implementation.
- Discuss the role of Recovery Package interventions in supporting individuals to be partners in healthcare – confident and able to manage their health.
- Understand the role of the Holistic Needs Assessment across the pathway and the benefits of this intervention in the support delivered in primary care.
- Experience attendance at a Health and Wellbeing Event (1:1 or group event) and discuss benefits and limitations of different formats.
- Discuss the current (QOF) CCR with a focus on own practical experience - templates used, process for conducting.
- Consider how interventions could be incorporated into own clinical practice.
For more information please email Sharon Cavanagh or Anthony Cunliffe.
To book a place please email Daisy Doncaster.