This session will provide real hands on experience of how correspondence management has freed up GP time within the 10 High Impact Actions and the steps to project planning this involving the whole team. The model we discuss has been shared with other practices and the NHS England Models of Care Portal have generated a case study from this.
This aim of these workshops is to show delegates how correspondence management can help their practices to manage workload more effectively and reduce the volume of clinical correspondence being completed by GPs.
By the end of the workshop, delegates will have a clear understanding of:
- Why this change is beneficial
- Process mapping and how this can be used to examine current practice processes and identify how to work in more lean manner
- How to develop internal safety/support systems by agreeing then implementing protocols to guide staff, supervision and audits
- Staff training that could support this learning further
- Case studies from other practices together with practical hints and tips will be shared
To book your place at this event please click here.