All participants must have completed Introduction to talking to young people about sexual health in the last six months.
At the end of this training participants will be trained Come correct c-card practitioners and will be able to distribute condoms to young people aged 13-24 in Camden and Islington.
The content of this training includes:
- Background and information on the Come correct c-card scheme, including benefits of the scheme and statistics across Camden and Islington;
- Refreshing knowledge needed to offer the c-card: commonn methods of contraception, STIs and pregnancy options;
- Increasing understanding and awareness of young people's decisions around sex, relationships and sexual health;
- The process of delivering the scheme to the young people you work with, including how to complete a condom demonstration;
- C-card database training;
- Safeguarding and Fraser guidelines in relation to the scheme;
- Engaging young people in the c-card scheme;
- How to embed the scheme in your setting or organisation
For queries contact ShirldonBarthelmy@brandoncentre.org.uk
Crowndale Centre, Training and Development Centre, 218-220 Eversholt Street, NW1 1BD