One of the Clinical Commissioning Group's key roles is to work with local GPs, partners at Camden Council and experts in the community to decide which health problems need to be tackled as a priority in Camden.
These plans and discussions have helped the CCG to flag five broad topics that it believes are key health priorities for Camden:
- Children and young people;
- Mental health;
- Frail and elderly people;
- Long-term conditions and cancer;
- Primary care services.
The CCG wants to:
- identify and reduce health inequalities;
- ensure the affordability of healthcare for years to come;
- improve the quality and safety of services;
- work closely with partners so that the whole health care and social care system works together;
- offer strong, sustainable clinical leadership;
- encourage more patient involvement in making better health services.
You can read more about the the work of the CCG, find out about how it supports the work of GPs, catch up with policy issues and browse CCG Board papers here.